AirSplat Approved! The Craziest Small Arms Maneuvers By South Korean SWAT
A recent video from LiveLeak shows the incredible training in small arms maneuvers that members of the South Korean National Police (KNP) SWAT go through.
The KNP is responsible for most security operations within the country, including counter-terrorism measures, riot control, and hostage negotiations. The KNP also, on occasion, carries out join exercises with the Korean Coast Guard and Army.
The video of the KNP training is 15 minutes long, so we’ve summarized the highlights through a series of GIFs below.
1. Here, the instructors attempt to distract a trainee during an accuracy drill. Being able to function while being distracted and under great stress is one of the most important factors for success in the KNP.
2. Here you see a trainee practicing a faux surrender then firing.
3. SWAT team members must be ready to respond to all manner of threats, including the sudden appearance of a combatant from behind. They must be ready for threats approaching from any and all directions (left, right, behind, etc.)
4. A trainee practices strafing (repeating fire) while alternating the shooting between a submachine gun and pistol/secondary.
5. A prospective SWAT team works in a pair, coordinating movement and cover fire with one another for the best advance.
View the entire 15-minute video!
Get your SWAT accessories here!
For more cool & funny pictures, visit AirSplat’s Official Tumblr!